Make your employees the number 1 priority!
Starting back work in January can leave us all with mixed feelings, on the one hand it is great to get back into a routine other than moving from the bed to the couch and eating all the very good but very bad snacks left over from Christmas (or was that just me) but it can also be difficult to find the motivation to get back in the right mind set after a bit of time off.
What better time to look after your staffs mental wellbeing than upskilling your managers and supervisors to understand and recognise the most common signs, symptoms and behaviours of mental health conditions within your organisation and workforce.
With 1 in 4 people in the UK experiencing a mental health problem each year taking on Mental Health training will give your senior staff the confidence to deal with the human side of mental health conditions and teach them the most effective ways to manage a staff member with either suspected or diagnosed psychological conditions.
There are only positives in taking on mental health training within your organisation
1. Supporting your dedicated staff in times of need to ensure that they can face any mental health barriers in a supportive environment.
2. Build a culture of awareness and understanding to transform your workplace.
3. Breakdown the barriers and stigma around mental health as none of us know when it could affect us directly or indirectly.
4. Increase awareness of the attitudes we have towards mental health and illness within the organisation, ensuring there is no pressure to hide any potential issues if they arise.
5. Obtain the ability to recognise and understand the most common signs, symptoms and behaviours of mental health conditions and understand how additional stress may impact to put processes in place to assist.
6. Empower your staff and give them the confidence in dealing with staff who may be experiencing mental health problems.
7. Give your staff the knowledge of the legality within the 2010 Equality Act.
Set your company goals to include looking after the wellbeing of the staff who ensure your business runs day in and day out. With Mental Health awareness now affecting an increasing number of us is your workplace prepared?
All of our courses are bespoke to fit the needs of your business so let us know how we can help you on your journey. We would be happy to chat through any questions or concerns you have to advise on your next move.
The Sinclair Wellbeing Team